-By Shweta Poddar
What can be better than a family eating together? A family cooking together.. add more delight to your Christmas celebrations with these easy and eggless vegetarian dessert recipes by Shweta Poddar.
Let your kids give you a hand in the kitchen too.
Eggless Walnut chocolate brownie
(For 12 Serving )
Easy homemade eggless chocolate brownie recipe that even a novice can make. Perfect dessert for the vegetarian brownie lover.
- All Purpose Flour (or Maida)- 125g
- Brown Sugar -50g
- Dark chocolate (melted)- 100 g
- Baking Powder -1 teaspoon
- Baking soda -1 teaspoons
- Cocoa Powder – 2 tablespoon
- Butter (melted)- 60 ml
- Soda water – 75 ml
- Condensed Milk -200g
- Vanilla Extract -1 teaspoon
- Walnuts (optional)- 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 180C/350,Line an 8X8 inch baking dish with parchment paper or aluminium foil, and brush all sides with butter.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder in a bowl. Whisk well and set aside.
- In another bowl, add the melted but cooled butter, brown sugar, condensed milk and vanilla extract. Add melted chocolate and whisk until smooth. After 2 minutes add the aerated water.
- Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and mix until just combined. Do not overmix. The mixture will be on the thicker side. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 40 minutes. Start checking if the brownies are cooked by inserting a fork or toothpick in the center at the 35 minute mark. When cooked properly, the toothpick or fork should come out clean.
- Once baked, cool the brownies in the pan completely before inverting them onto a metal rack. Cut into slices and serve. You can garnish them with chocolate shavings and chocolate chips.
Egg less Strawberry Cupcake
(For 12 Serving)
An eggless and easy cupcake, very moist, soft and spongy with strawberry flavor.
- 1.5 cups All purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon Cornflour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- -A pinch of Salt
- 0.5 cup oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 0.5 cup Milk powder
- 2 tablespoon Vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Strawberry jam
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 drops red food colour
- Chocochips for garnishing
- Preheat oven @325 degree F.
- Sieve all dry ingredients(all purpose flour, baking soda, salt,cornflour) through a strainer. Set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, take milk. Add vinegar to it. Mix it and keep it aside for 5 min. The milk will curdle.
- In the curdle milk mixture,add sugar, milk powder,oil and strawberry jam. Then add 3-4 drops of red food colour.Mix them well.
- Add dry ingredients gradually.
- Mix them gently. Do not overmix them. Overmixing results in the dense cake. Cakes are supposed to be fluffy, not dense.
- Line the cupcake mould with cupcake liners. Fill the liners with 1 tsp of batter. Tap them.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 C for 18-20 minutes or till done.
- Remove and cool them, garnish with chocochips when warm.
- Ready to serve or pack.