3 Best Almond Milk Smoothies for Weight Loss
By Lifestyle Food
Dairy-free and cruelty-free mylk, yes, not milk!, directly from the heaven on Earth- Kashmir is what we should be drinking to live Lohas and go sustainable. Mylk from the bountiful Kashmir almonds produced by the company Fayvert- the brain-child of Pooja Sharma and Manan Bhatt is used in these power-packed smoothies that too hard to resist. Read along and drink your plants! #mylknotmilk!
Post workout smoothie
- 1 cup Faymylk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ banana
- 1 cup spinach/kale
- ¼ cup strawberries
- ¼ cup cherries
- ¼ cup walnuts/cashews/almonds
- 1 scoop of protein powder
1. To a high-speed blender add Faymlyk, peanut butter, bananas, spinach or kale, strawberries, cherries, walnuts or cashews or almonds, and protein powder of choice.
2. Blend on high until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed. If it has trouble blending, add more Faymylk or water.
3. Serve as is or top with desired toppings.
4. Enjoy fresh or refrigerate leftovers for 3 days. Alternatively, store in the freezer (as a smoothie or popsicles) up to 1 month.
“Almond milk is a great substitute that will help you lose or maintain your current weight.”
Creamy Zucchini Blueberry Smoothie
- 1 large (136 g) ripe bananas, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 1 cup (148 g) frozen wild blueberries (organic when possible)
- 1 large celery stem (41 g)
- 2/3 cup (82 g) sliced zucchini (fresh or frozen)
- 1 handful (30 g) greens (spinach is best; organic when possible)
- 1 tbsp (10 g) hemp seeds (or sub-vegan protein powder)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (240 ml) almond mylk
1. Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust flavour as needed, adding more cinnamon for warmth/spice, banana for sweetness, or zucchini for creaminess.
2. Serve and garnish with blueberries and hemp seeds (optional). Best when fresh.
3. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 24 hours.
“Almond milk is perfectly fine at room temperature which makes it a convenient, nutritious staple to pack, automatically upping your daily intake of the nutrients.”
Creamy pineapple cucumber smoothie
- 1/2 cup (52 g) sliced cucumber (skin on | organic when possible)
- 1 heaping cup (190 g) cubed pineapple (if frozen, omit ice)
- 1/2 large ripe, peeled, frozen banana
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) almond mylk
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) filtered water
- 1 lime, zested + juiced (1 tsp zest // 2 Tbsp (30 ml) juice)
- 1 large handful (70 g) greens (spinach or kale | organic when possible)
- 2-4 ice cubes
1.Add cucumber, pineapple, frozen banana, almond Faymylk, water, lime zest, lime juice, greens, and ice cubes to a blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
2. For a thicker smoothie, add more ice. For a thinner smoothie, add more liquid of choice. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lime juice or zest for acidity/brightness, banana or pineapple for sweetness, almond Faymylk for creaminess, and greens for more intense green color.
3. Serve Immediately.