what are the eco-friendly household products?
A few months ago, I decided to opt for a sustainable lifestyle and make my space and household products sustainable that contain material from a natural source or processed with less impact on the environment like solar power instead of using nonrenewable energy and get easily decomposed post-consumption.
My sustainable household products at the moment are defined by simplicity, elegance, eco-friendly, and durability. With the passing of time, I felt that my household styling has shifted in a new direction since my early 30’s and I comfortably settled into it now because it just felt right and good for the environment.
With that in mind, I decided to opt and style my home and embrace household products timeless, and use them to their full potential. I hope to be able to list down my collection and put it together effortlessly, while at the same time achieving that ultimate sustainable household products.
A household product is considered eco-friendly and sustainable if it minimizes the impact on the environment during production, consumption, and disposal.
One of the best ways to live a healthy and sustainable life by avoiding the chemicals and ensure the products you buy are produced with both ethics and the environment in mind.
The matter incorporates Eco-friendly household products that usually contain material from a natural source and can be recycled easily.
The way it’s made An Eco-friendly household product made or processed by the less impact on the environment like solar power instead of using nonrenewable energy.
Post consumption impact Eco-friendly household products are biodegradable and get easily decomposed.
I wrote down a list of items that are essential for me to keep and invest in: From essential cleaning supplies to must-have kitchen equipment and beyond, here are 105 items everyone should have at a sustainable and eco-friendly home—or at least plan on having some time in the near future.
There are many moments for us to improve upon for a more sustainable and eco-friendly kitchen.
Sustainable kitchen products can reduce your overall waste and help save money while promoting a healthy and sustainable lifestyle for you and your family.
It may be clear that using eco-friendly kitchen products will be doing your part in helping promote a sustainable environment. Fortunately, safer cookware alternatives exist which helps in maintaining wellbeing.
- Zero Waste Essentials Coconut Coir Dish and Utensil Scrub
- Cotton Terry Kitchen Dish Cloths
- Handmade Wooden Basket Shape Multipurpose Cutlery Holder
- Multipurpose Foldable Dish Drying Rack Stainless Steel
- Stainless Steel Kitchen Dish Drainer Organizer Storage Rack
- Earthen Clay Drinking Water Pot
- Cotton Kitchen Pot Holders
- Cotton Oven Mitten with Pot Holder
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet Pan
- Stainless Steel Kitchen Measuring Spoon Cups Set
- Reusable Stainless Steel Metal Straws
- KITCHEN TOOLS SET
- Gold Plated Cutlery Set
- Classic Paring Knife Set
- Bamboo Wood Chopping Cutting Board
- Cast Iron Tawa
- Non Stick Carbon Steel Baking Tray
- Saucepan with Bakelite Handle
- Vegetable and Fruit Peeler with Stainless Steel
- Clay/Earthen Cooker for Curry/Dal/Frying with Mitti Lid
- Clay Earthen Big Size Idli and Pasta Cooker with Lid
- Handmade Dinner Plates
- Dining Serving Katori Bowl Handmade
- Handmade Brass Embossed Glass Tumbler
- Handmade Wooden Platter Serving Bowl
- Handmade Decorative Serveware Mixing Bowl
- Stainless Steel Colander
- Stainless Steel Tin/Can Opener
- Stainless Steel Wine Bottle and Corkscrew Opener
- Stainless Steel Wire Whisk
- oil brush for cooking silicone brush
- Glass Cylinder Airtight Food Storage Container Canister Jar with Bamboo Lid & Silicone Sealing Ring
- Glass Water Bottle for Fridge with Handle
- Pop-up Toaster
- Espresso and Cappuccino Coffee Maker
- Ceramic Coffee Mug with Lid
- Crystal Glass Electric Kettle
- Hand Blender
- Ecobake Baking & Cooking Parchment Paper
- Madhu Wrap (Beeswax Food Wraps)
- Handmade Coaster Perfect for Dining Table
- Braided Jute Placemats, for Center Table/Bed-Side Table, Dining Table
- Jute Table Runner Handmade for Dining Table
- Handmade Wooden Serving Tray
- Handicraft Wooden Paper Towel Holder
Furniture and decor
The prime purpose of opting for sustainable and eco-friendly furniture and decor as an essential household is to acquire care for the environment as sustainable and eco-friendly furniture and decor are designed to consider different sustainability aspects some of these can be:
- They are made up of recycled materials.
- They can be recycled after use.
- Durable pieces with a long lifetime and usefulness.
- WOOD Frame Bed Support
- Hard Cotton Bed Pillow for Perfect Neck Support
- Handicraft Bamboo Clothing Garment Rack, with Top Shelf and Shoe Clothing Storage Organizer Shelves
- Organic Cotton Bath Towel
- 100% Organic Cotton Hand Towel
- Organic Cotton bedsheet with 2 Pillow Covers.
- Handicraft Quilt
- Cotton Bath Mat
- Ceramic Handmade Flower vase
- Handloom Khadi Cotton Woven Door Curtain with Stainless Steel Eyelets
- Handmade Wall Clock
- Fiber Wood Framed Wall Mirror
- Handmade Hanging Bamboo Ceiling Lamp
- A cozy place to sit Handmade and Handcrafted Premium Cane Wood Apple ChairComfort Mattress
- Clay Money Container with Bottom Tray
To minimise the negatively impact on the environment or your family’s health from cleaning produts, we can opt for cleaning products that are manufactured by using sustainable practices and naturally acquire, non-toxic, and contain biodegradable ingredients.
- Natural Care Everyday All Purpose Cleaner (Neem & Camphor)
- Greenshield Food Surface wipes
- Eco-Friendly & Odour Remover
- Non-Woven Washable Kitchen Wipes
- Hand & Face Sanitizing Wipes with Tulsi, Turmeric & Tea Tree
- Natural Glass Cleaner
- Window Screen Cleaning Brush Mesh Cleaning Tools Wet and Dry Dual-Use
- Hand Glove Duster
- Multipurpose Duster
- Coconut Palm Broom
- Wooden Handle Natural Bristles Scrubber Bath Massage Exfoliator
- Natural Cedar Wood Rings Repellent Blocks Moth Balls Clothes Protection Storage Accessories wardrobes Drawers Freshener
- Natural Portable Deodorizer & Dehumidifier for Washrooms
- Wet Kitchen Cleaning Cloth Environmentally Friendly Washable, Reusable and Biodegradable
- Bamboo Bath Tray for Tub | Stable and Convenient Bath Caddy
- High Suction Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner and Blower with Reusable Dustbag
- Stainless Steel dust pan
- Spinning Mop Bucket Stainless Steel Spinner, Dispenser
- Silicone Hand Gloves with Scrubber
- Stainless Steel Strainer Kitchen Drain Basin Basket Filter Stopper
- Eco Round Toilet Brush with Stand
- Natural Moisture-Resistant Jute Laundry Hamper With Handle
- Steel Bucket with Lid
- Eco-Friendly Aroma Oil Air Purifier and Humidifier
- Stainless Steel Clothes Drying Stand (Foldable)
Storage and Organizational Items
Specifically designed organizational household products actually just end up and get trashed. we can resign ourselves for being irresponsible in the household storage and organizational products storage department.
Choosing an eco-friendly storage option like bamboo boxes and wooden baskets are great.
- Bamboo Coat Stand with Hanging Storage Organiser
- Cardboard Lever Arch Box File (Eco)
- Bamboo Lap Desk for Laptop with Detachable Cushion
- Sheesham Wood Bed Side Table for Bedroom with Drawer
- Biodegradable Garbage Bags
- Wooden Key Holder
- Stainless Steel Silver Pedal Dustbin Trash can
- STAR WORK Multi Functional Wooden Hangers
- Adjustable Wooden Drawer Organizer
- Handmade Wooden Jewellery Organizer
Be prepared than not prepared in case something does happen. You should always create an emergency kit and consider trying to make it more eco-friendly.
- First Aid Kit Metal Storage Box
- Photoelectric Smoke Alarm Detector with 10 Year Battery
- Solar Emergency LED Rechargeable Light Lantern with USB Mobile Charging
- solar-powered phone charger
- Windproof Rechargeable Flameless Lighter
- Eco Fire Extinguisher
- Double Layer Inverted Reversible Umbrella with C Shape Handle
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Cotton Reusable Face Mask
- Lighter Windproof Rechargeable Flameless Lighter
Now that you know which eco-friendly and sustainable household you’ll need, There is a long list to go, but those listed above are some of the most essential household ones to have at your place. So what do you think of my list? Did I leave something off completely that should be listed? Did I categorize things in a way you disagree with? Tell me below in the comments!